Saturday, February 6, 2010

backpost #2: the transition

Can I just tell you that coming home from a mission is just confusing?

So many emotions, and conflicting ones at that. Feeling ready to come home, wishing you could stay. Excited to see the family, feeling anxious that things will be different with them. When I got my "official trunky papers" as they called them in my mission, I definitely was in denial and just wanted to keep working until they forced me to take of my tag.

So I got on a plane and headed home unsure what to expect. And surprisingly, I didn't feel that different. My family was the same, I was still me...just (hopefully) a better version after 18 months. The hardest part was not feeling like I was a bad person because I didn't feel super weird coming home. Apart from a slight twinge of panic at Target when Becca tried to leave me alone the second day I was home, it really was okay. And thanks to Becky's ability to read my mind, I was able to get over feelings of guilt for not feeling weird about being home. So thanks, Gertie! I'm really lucky to have such incredible friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment